Monday 1 July 2013

My Goals

I've posted a new page to list down my goals. You can click on the "my goals" tab at the top of this blog to view it if you're interested.

A summary of my targets:

$100000 by age 28, Year 2016

$300000 by age 32, Year 2020

$600000 by age 36, Year 2024

$1 Million by age 42, Year 2028

It's always a dream to achieve 1 million. I'm not a person who spends a lot and i live a simple life. Why do i need 1 million? The reason is with 1 million, i can invest it and create a modest passive income stream to reach financial freedom. Another reason is investing 1 million to become 2 million is a 100% return. Thus, to create the next million will take me lesser time maybe 5 years if i see the next bear market. 10k to 20k is 100%. 1 million to 2 million is also 100%. This is the reason why the rich get richer. 

I've always been taught not to go after money and material things because money will not make you happy. This i agree with it and thus i think achieving 1 million is not about going after money or material things but seeking for a financially free life. I've seen people complain about their jobs, complain that they don't like their bosses and also complain that they still have to work at a old age and cannot retire. If i do not want to be like that when i'm older, then i should plan for my life now. I believe that only by achieving financial freedom can we then truly live a life not being a slave of money or getting caught in the rat race. It is then can we truly enjoy life in itself. This does not mean i will stop working when i achieve financial freedom but rather i have a choice to do the things i love. 

I've listed down the details of how i can reach each target. Click here to see it: My Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment